The Liebster award is given by bloggers to other up-and-coming bloggers to highlight their work and encourage them to continue. Liebster, from German, means dearest, beloved, favourite.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger that has given you the award and include the Liebster logo.
2. Answer the questions that blogger set for you.
3. List five bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Create questions for them to answer.
5. Go to their pages and notify them.
Here are my answers to LeeAnn’s questions:
1) If you were captured by cannibals, how would you prefer they prepare you?
I’d like to be treated like an exotic delicacy, no cooking at all. Just slam a metal straw directly into my forehead and suck out my delicious brain. My discarded body will make an excellent full-body snuggle pillow.
2) What drew you into blogging?
I love the concept of writing something deeply personal and then just sending it out into the world. Whether anybody reads or gives a shit about my stories, it means a lot to me to be able to tell them. I also enjoy reading the stories of other amazing bloggers I have come across. The courage it takes to write honestly about simply being human is commendable. Well done everybody.
3) Which blog have you written that you are the fondest or most proud of? Link it here!!!
I am quite fond of an older blog I wrote called: a letter to the past. It marked a significant transition for me. I had started to see a new therapist just a few months before (my current therapist) and it was the most personal and vulnerable thing I had written at that point.
4) What is the one thing you would change in your life right now if you were capable of making that change just by snappin’ your fingers?
A large body of water would appear behind my house. I have always wanted to live by water as it simultaneously terrifies and mesmerizes me.
5) What are your favorite simple pleasures?
Driving around with the windows down sans destination, singing loudly to the radio and picking my nose.
I nominate the following incredible blogs:
Here are the questions for my nominated bloggers:
- What song would you choose to follow you around as your soundtrack?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What message would you send back in time to yourself?
- How old is the version of you that will be receiving the message from the previous question, what was happening in your life at that time, and how would receiving said message have changed things?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
I look forward to your answers!